There are some tourist attractions in a place which pulls tourists like a magnet. Langkawi Sky Bridge is one of them, and a must-visit attraction in Langkawi. The placement of Langkawi Sky Bridge is 700+ meter above sea level, thus gives a perfect view of the Langkawi Island.
Langkawi Sky Bridge
Your trip to the world’s longest suspension bridge – Langkawi Sky Bridge would never be regret. The pedestrians of this bridge will start their journey from the Oriental Village and cross Mount Mac Cinchang. You can also approach the bridge on Langkawi Cable Car.
Langkawi Sky Bridge is one of the unique most suspension bridges of the world. The elements of this bridge were constructed on the ground. They were prepared until assembly. Later, the elements were taken in the sky with the help of helicopters. The assembly held in the air.
The structure of this bridge is the longest of all suspension bridges in the world. It is balanced from the top of pylon. The load is distributed by dividing the bridge into 2 stations where people can rest and take a quick view of the surrounding.
There are 2 triangle shaped stations on Langkawi Sky Bridge where you can rest and view the surrounding. The bridge provides an astounding view which worth your camera clicks. Among the speculations, the top-most noteworthy ones are these.
Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls: These are also known as the Seven Wells Waterfalls. You can view these waterfalls at the western side of the bridge. The scene is the most beautiful while walking to the end as here, the bridge crosses from the Mount Mat Cincang to meet the next mountain where the bridge ends. The end point is where Langkawi Cable Car Ride meets the bridge. It is also called Top Station. You will see the seven waterfalls making their ways out from the Mount Mat Cincang and falling down into seven different pools.
Tarutao Island of Thailand: This Island is located very close to the borders of Malaysia and Thailand. The island has beautiful deep blue waters and golden sand and can be seen from Langkawi Sky Bridge.
Langkawi Bridge Facts
Here are some quick facts of Langkawi Sky Bridge:
• Length – 125 meters
• Height – 700 meters
• Width – 1.8 meters
• Opened in – 2005
• Style – Cable Style Bridge
• Starting Point – Oriental Village
The famous Bollywood movie sequel; Don: The Chase Begins Again features the last scene at Langkawi Sky Bridge.
1. The bridge is sometimes closed for maintenance without any prior notice. Confirm the opening before visiting it.
2. The temperature is cooler at the top so take some warm clothes along.
3. You will get plenty of photo opportunities so don’t forget to take your camera.
4. You can visit the bridge even if you have height phobia. It is safe and very soothing.
Things to Do
1. You can buy gifts and souvenirs from the souvenir shops. You can also eat foods and buy your kids some special toys.
2. Although the walk is long but the view after walk is worth it. Stay at the stations and watch out the most unique scene where Langkawi meets the sky.
3. Look up and around and take as many pictures as you can.
A walk on Langkawi Bridge is also among the best things to do in Langkawi.
Langkawi Sky Bridge is open for visitors from 10 AM to 8 PM daily.
Jalan Telaga Tujuh Teluk Burau, Langkawi, Kedah 07000